Our top road pros demanded we offer the revolutionary Zipp 454 NSW as a Tubular, so we made it just for them…and for you! The 454 NSW Tubular Disc-brake wheels bring together the advanced aerodynamics and stability of its biomimicry-derived Sawtooth rim profile with the benefits of disc braking. This wheelset was developed for professional racers as well as cyclists who prefer the time-proven ride qualities of riding tubulars with cutting-edge aero technology. Utilizing the principles of the emerging science of biomimicry, Zipp engineers studied the environment around them for instances of how nature achieved speed, control, and efficiency. A humpback whale's fast and graceful movements are aided by tubercles on its pectoral fins. These structures inspired Zipp advanced development engineers to, for the first time, systematically apply biomimicry to solve the complex challenge of designing a wheel, with the undulating Hyperfoil nodes that reduce both aerodynamic drag and side force.
- Sawtooth rim with Hyperfoil nodes and HexFin ABLC dimple pattern for top aero and crosswind-stability performance with an undulating 53/58mm rim depth
- Cognition DB hubset rolls efficiently whether you are pedaling or coasting. Its Axial Clutch technology allows the freehub's ratcheting mechanism to deliver half the mechanical drag of conventional three-pawl hubs
- New Zipp graphics and cosmetic identity that screams speed, applied using Zipp's ImPress direct-print technology
- Center Lock rotor interface (lockring included)
- Ships with 12mm end caps
|Brake Compatibility||Disc brake (Center Lock)|
|Axle||142 x 12mm thru-axle|
|Nipples||Sapim Secure-Loc, aluminum|
* Subject to change without notice.
|142 x 12mm / Shimano/SRAM / Black / 700c||710845852978||00.1918.582.000|
|142 x 12mm / SRAM XDR / Black / 700c||710845853722||00.1918.582.001|