Conventional wisdom on bicycle tires has held that smaller is better. Smaller tires were supposed to be lighter, more aerodynamic and have lower rolling resistance. Then came science. Research has shown that a larger tire has the ability to cut rolling resistance, making you faster than you would be with a traditional 23c-wide racing tire. And of course, a larger tire offers improved grip in dry and wet conditions. In some cases, when using the right rim, a bigger tire also can improve aerodynamics. Let’s not forget that comfort gets a big upgrade as well.
The Zipp Tangente Course R30 tire give riders a high performance clincher at widths suitable for less than perfect conditions—rough roads, wet roads. The looming disc brake revolution will mean that you can run tires significantly larger than the 25mm limit on many bikes. The Tangente Course R30 tires take disc brakes’ opportunity for increased tire width and multiplies that with faster rolling, better grip and improved aerodynamics.
- High-performance sport and training clincher tire
- 30mm width
- 120tpi nylon casing
- Nylon puncture protection layer under tread
- 260 grams (R28), 306 grams (R30)
- 33.15 watts of rolling resistance @ 40kph (with Zipp butyl tube)
- 70 ShA durometer rubber (Shore A)
- New water-siping tread pattern
- Comfortable in rough conditions
|Folding / 120 TPI / Black / Tube Type / 700c x 30||710845775536||00.1918.192.090|